How to achieve an ISO 22716 Certification?
The introduction of ISO 22716 pioneers a globally recognised quality and safety standard for cosmetic products. An increasing number of cosmetics organisations are obtaining an ISO 22716 certification to comply with the European cosmetics regulations which came into effect in 2013. The standard has effectively replaced existing guidance and standards, and as such, regulators in several countries and regions have adopted this standard.
What is an ISO 22716 certification?
An ISO 22716 certification gives quality and safety guidelines for the production, control, storage and shipment of cosmetic products.
The standard specifies requirements for a quality management system specifically for the cosmetics industry. Incorporating a risk assessment-based approach, ISO 22716 helps to define effective risk and quality management, thus ensuring high quality and lower risk supply chain operations.
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) published ISO 22716 to deal with all aspects of the supply chain of cosmetic products, from the early delivery of raw materials and components until the shipment of the final product to the consumer. As a business improvement tool ISO 22716 is complementary to ISO 9001 and can be used as a vehicle to drive continuous improvement.
Who does the ISO 22716 certification standard apply to?
- Manufacturers of cosmetic products and suppliers of cosmetic ingredients.
- Retailers, brand holders and wholesalers of cosmetic products.
- Those responsible for packaging, testing, storage, and transportation of cosmetic finished products.
What are the benefits of an ISO 22716 certification?
- Demonstrates credibility, trust and confidence to stakeholders.
- Enables organisations to meet global consumer demand for cosmetic product quality and safety certification.
- Supports compliance with the legally enforceable Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009 which represents a common European code of law for cosmetics companies.
- Business improvement tool to continuously improve business operations.
- Effective framework for risk management principles and practices.
How we can help
Blackmores specialise in helping you to implement and maintain your ISO 22716 GMP Management System across London, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, and UK-wide. We can also assist with international locations, having experience of working in 27 other countries.
- Conduct an ISO 22716 Gap Analysis – To help establish your strengths and weaknesses.
- ISO 22716 E-learning – Learn at your own pace with our online courses via the isologyhub.
- ISO 22716 isologists® – We have a skilled team of consultants to help you implement a Cosmetics Best Practice Management System. From London to the UAE, we have experience working internationally across many sectors.
- Internal Audits – We can help you to plan and conduct Internal Audits to verify your compliance with ISO 22716.
- On-Site Support – We can provide support during External Audits carried out by Certification Bodies.
- Request a quote for Certification – We can send a request for a quote to 3 UKAS certified Certification Bodies on your behalf. This is done free of charge on request.
If you need assistance with ISO 22716, simply Contact Us.
ISO 22716 Videos
Download the ISO Standards Blueprint
A step-by-step checklist for getting ISO certified
What our clients have to say
The support and advise I get from our assigned auditors is immense. Forward planning for the following year is great and they are flexible and always willing to help.
“Blackmores have assisted us almost since the start of our adoption of the ISO 9001 quality standard. Their input has improved our processes since the start, and enabled our goal of continuous improvement to be achieved. The people are also extremely easy to get on with, and they really understand our business, giving us a great deal of confidence in their advice.”
“Blackmores are the perfect bridge between working on your ISO as an individual or company, to being audited each year. We find that any queries we have are covered and we feel sure that we have everything as needs be before going into an external audit.”
“We have been extremely impressed with the service and support provided by Blackmores. There knowledge and assistance through out our ISO journey has been amazing!”
“Blackmores have really kept us on our toes with the broad scope and level of detail they apply to our internal audit schedule. They always stay abreast of ISO standard changes and help us to adapt our processes and documents to embrace these changes accordingly. Having Blackmores shadow our external audits provides invaluable confidence and peace of mind – would highly recommend their services!”
“Our ISO 27001 certification project has gone so well, that there was no doubt in who we were going to ask to help us with our aspirations of becoming ISO 14001 certified. It’s been an absolute pleasure working with Blackmores, and we are really looking forward to working with them for the foreseeable future.”
Our 7 Steps to Success
The Blackmores ISO Roadmap is a proven path to go from idea to launching your ISO Management System.
Whether you choose to work with one of our isologist consultants or work your own way through the process on our isology Hub, we’re certain you’ll achieve certification in no time!