What is ISO 26000 Social Accountability Certification?
Social accountability should be a key factor in any organisation. ISO 26000 is the most widely recognised global standard for managing human rights in the workplace. It provides a comprehensive and flexible system for managing ethical workplace conditions throughout global supply chains.
The ISO 26000 standard provides a framework for a Social Accountability Management System that supports continuous improvement and will send a strong message to your stakeholders that you operate your business in a fair and equitable manner.
The standard sets out requirements that cover:
- Child Labour and Forced Labour
- Health and Safety
- Freedom of Association and Right to Collective Bargaining
- Working Hours
- Management Systems
The ISO 26000 framework allows an organisation to understand, describe and control its significant social impacts, ensure compliance with legislation and continually improve its business operations. The standard is particularly relevant to organisations wishing to foster good customer relations and those reliant on long supply chains.
What are the benefits of ISO 26000?
- Drives company values into action.
- Enhances company and brand reputation.
- Improves employee recruitment, retention and productivity.
- Supports better supply chain management and performance.
- Provides clear and credible assurance to customers for ethical purchasing decisions.
- Productive and disciplinary practices in the workplace
An ISO 26000 certification can be used as an effective sales and marketing tool, giving your company the competitive edge. By demonstrating an innovative and forward thinking approach to social accountability issues, you will not only improve morale within your company, but will also lead to a better public perception of your company.
Blackmores provide support for your organisation to be accredited by Social Accountability Accreditation Services (SAAS) to offer a global ISO 26000 certification.
Publicising your commitment to social accountability will raise your company’s profile and also lead to better community awareness of social activities. It will also demonstrate your commitment to social accountability and provide confidence and credibility to your customers, trade partners, stakeholders, regulators and local authorities.
How we can help
Blackmores specialise in helping you to implement and maintain your ISO 26000 Social Accountability Management System across London, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, and UK wide. We can also assist with International locations, having experience of working in 27 other countries.
- Conduct an ISO 26000 Gap Analysis – To help establish your strengths and weaknesses.
- ISO 26000 E-learning – Learn at your own pace with our online courses via the isologyhub.
- ISO 26000 isologists® – We have a skilled team of isologists®to help you implement a Social Accountability Management System. From London to the UAE, we have experience working internationally across many sectors.
- Internal Audits – We can help you to plan and conduct Internal Audits to verify your compliance with ISO 26000.
- On-Site support – We can provide support during External Audits carried out by Certification Bodies.
- Request a quote for Certification – We can send a request for quote to 3 UKAS certified Certification Bodies on your behalf. This is done free of charge on request.
Download the ISO Standards Blueprint
A step-by-step checklist for getting ISO certified
What our clients have to say
The support and advise I get from our assigned auditors is immense. Forward planning for the following year is great and they are flexible and always willing to help.
“Blackmores have assisted us almost since the start of our adoption of the ISO 9001 quality standard. Their input has improved our processes since the start, and enabled our goal of continuous improvement to be achieved. The people are also extremely easy to get on with, and they really understand our business, giving us a great deal of confidence in their advice.”
“Blackmores are the perfect bridge between working on your ISO as an individual or company, to being audited each year. We find that any queries we have are covered and we feel sure that we have everything as needs be before going into an external audit.”
“We have been extremely impressed with the service and support provided by Blackmores. There knowledge and assistance through out our ISO journey has been amazing!”
“Blackmores have really kept us on our toes with the broad scope and level of detail they apply to our internal audit schedule. They always stay abreast of ISO standard changes and help us to adapt our processes and documents to embrace these changes accordingly. Having Blackmores shadow our external audits provides invaluable confidence and peace of mind – would highly recommend their services!”
“Our ISO 27001 certification project has gone so well, that there was no doubt in who we were going to ask to help us with our aspirations of becoming ISO 14001 certified. It’s been an absolute pleasure working with Blackmores, and we are really looking forward to working with them for the foreseeable future.”
Our 7 Steps to Success
The Blackmores ISO Roadmap is a proven path to go from idea to launching your ISO Management System.
Whether you choose to work with one of our isologist consultants or work your own way through the process on our isology Hub, we’re certain you’ll achieve certification in no time!