What is ISO 14001 Certification?
Environmental issues have come to the forefront in recent years with greater awareness amongst legislators, insurers, financiers, shareholders, customers, employees and neighbours. An EMS provides a framework for obtaining ISO 14001 Certification and managing environmental responsibilities so that business operations are more efficient.
ISO 14001 allows an organisation to understand, describe and control its significant impacts on the environment, reduce the risk of potentially costly pollution incidents, ensure compliance with environmental legislation and continually improve its business operations.
What are the benefits?
There are a range of benefits associated with operating an effective EMS:
- Provide cost savings through the reduction of waste and more efficient use of natural resources (electricity, water, gas and fuels.)
- Ensure that the organization is better placed to avoid future fines and penalties for not meeting environmental legislation by identifying environmental risks and addressing the weaknesses.
- Reduce insurance costs by demonstrating better risk management
- Improve overall performance and efficiency.
- Tighten production processes, yielding better efficiency and reduction in the risk of incidents.
- Remove uncertainty and consistency by managing disruption and waste.
- Help clarify staff responsibility
- Improve internal communications and morale – often leading to sound environmental solutions suggested by staff, who are the ultimate owners of the business processes
- Lead to a better public perception of the organization and a competitive advantage, leading to improved sale opportunities
- Lead to better community awareness of the impact of your activities on the local residents (noise, smell, dust, vibration, etc.)
- Demonstrate commitment to the environment and provide confidence to your customers, trade partners, stakeholders, regulators and local authority
- Demonstrate an innovative and forward-thinking approach
In addition, achieving ISO 14001 certification helps to
Blackmores specialise in helping you to implement and maintain your ISO 14001 Environmental Management System across London, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, and UK-wide. We can also assist with international locations, having experience of working in 27 other countries.
- Conduct an ISO 14001 Gap Analysis – To help establish your strengths and weaknesses.
- ISO 14001 E-learning – Learn at your own pace with our online courses via the isologyhub
- ISO 14001 isologists® – We have a skilled team of consultants to help you implement an Environmental Management System. From London to the UAE, we have experience working internationally across many sectors.
- Internal Audits – We can help you to plan and conduct Internal Audits to verify your compliance with ISO 14001.
- On-Site Support – We can provide support during External Audits carried out by Certification Bodies.
- Request a quote for Certification – We can send a request for a quote to 3 UKAS certified Certification Bodies on your behalf. This is done free of charge on request.
Need help with ISO 14001 consultancy? We’d be happy to help, simply Contact Us
How can ISO 14001 Certification help win more Tenders?
In a variety of industries, ISO 14001 certification is now a very common demand during the PQQ (Pre-Qualifying Questionnaire) stage of the tendering process.
It can be challenging to successfully structure, format, and communicate in your tendering application document how your company manages its environmental performance.
Achieving ISO 14001 Certification means your business will now have a well-documented management system that has been implemented and executed. Having these policies and procedures in place now means that the majority of the responses to tendering questions will be easily accessible.
ISO 14001 and the Sustainable Development Goals
The world is facing a crisis: poverty, hunger, inequality and climate change are just some of the issues we need to address.
In 2015, world leaders came together to create 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) which aim to tackle these issues, to build a better world by 2030.
ISO 14001 can be used to meet the following goals
Watch our videos to learn more about what you need to consider when starting on your ISO 14001 journey.
Download the ISO Standards Blueprint
A step-by-step checklist for getting ISO certified
What our clients have to say
The support and advise I get from our assigned auditors is immense. Forward planning for the following year is great and they are flexible and always willing to help.
“Blackmores have assisted us almost since the start of our adoption of the ISO 9001 quality standard. Their input has improved our processes since the start, and enabled our goal of continuous improvement to be achieved. The people are also extremely easy to get on with, and they really understand our business, giving us a great deal of confidence in their advice.”
“Blackmores are the perfect bridge between working on your ISO as an individual or company, to being audited each year. We find that any queries we have are covered and we feel sure that we have everything as needs be before going into an external audit.”
“We have been extremely impressed with the service and support provided by Blackmores. There knowledge and assistance through out our ISO journey has been amazing!”
“Blackmores have really kept us on our toes with the broad scope and level of detail they apply to our internal audit schedule. They always stay abreast of ISO standard changes and help us to adapt our processes and documents to embrace these changes accordingly. Having Blackmores shadow our external audits provides invaluable confidence and peace of mind – would highly recommend their services!”
“Our ISO 27001 certification project has gone so well, that there was no doubt in who we were going to ask to help us with our aspirations of becoming ISO 14001 certified. It’s been an absolute pleasure working with Blackmores, and we are really looking forward to working with them for the foreseeable future.”
Our 7 Steps to Success
The Blackmores ISO Roadmap is a proven path to go from idea to launching your ISO Management System.
Whether you choose to work with one of our isologist consultants or work your own way through the process on our isology Hub, we’re certain you’ll achieve certification in no time!