What is an ISO 22301 Certification?
Obtaining an ISO 22301 certification for Business continuity provides a basis for planning to ensure your long-term survivability following a disruptive event. Your plans need to be clear, concise and tailored to the needs of the business. It is a comprehensive process to ensure the continuation and improvement of business in the face of whatever challenges your firm may face and needs to be considered not only by large businesses but smaller businesses too.
ISO 22301 identifies the fundamentals of business continuity management and provides a basis for understanding, developing and implementing business continuity management within your organisation.
BS ISO 22301:2012 specifies the requirements to:
- Identify crucial risk factors already affecting your organisation.
- Understand your organisation’s needs and obligations.
- Establish implement and maintain your BCMS.
- Measure your organisation’s overall capability to manage disruptive incidents.
- Guarantee conformity with stated business continuity policy.
What are the benefits of ISO 22301?
- Minimises disruptions and financial loss during even minor events.
- Increased reliability and productivity for your company
- Demonstrates to stakeholders the enhanced capability to handle disruption and protect brand reputation.
- Identify the threats to your company’s key products, services and assets.
- Plan and exercise controls to minimise the threats and aid in the prompt resumption of service
- Protect market share, reputation and brand.
- Competitive advantage and increased market share
- Companies that don’t have good business continuity plans often fail to survive a business disruption. Good continuity planning can make a difference and in the long run, make companies more profitable.
- We have a Podcast success story available HERE.
How we can help
- Blackmores specialise in helping you to implement and maintain your ISO 22301 certification across London, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, and UK-wide. We can also assist with international locations, having experience of working in 27 other countries.
- Conduct an ISO 22301 Gap Analysis – To help establish your strengths and weaknesses.
- ISO 22301 E-learning – Learn at your own pace with our online courses via the isologyhub.
- ISO 22301 isologists® – We have a skilled team of consultants to help you implement a Business Continuity Management System. From London to the UAE, we have experience working internationally across many sectors.
- Internal Audits – We can help you to plan and conduct Internal Audits to verify your compliance with ISO 22301.
- On-Site Support – We can provide support during External Audits carried out by Certification Bodies.
- Request a quote for Certification – We can send a request for a quote to 3 UKAS-certified Certification Bodies on your behalf. This is done free of charge on request.
How can ISO 22301 Certification help win more Tenders?
In a variety of industries, ISO 22301 certification is now a very common demand during the PQQ (Pre-Qualifying Questionnaire) stage of the tendering process.
It can be challenging to successfully structure, format, and communicate in your tendering application document how your company manages and responds to disruptive events.
Achieving ISO 22301 Certification means your business will now have a well-documented management system that has been implemented and executed. Having these policies and procedures in place now means that the majority of the responses to tendering questions will be easily accessible.
- ISO 22301 Steps to Success – Part 1
- ISO 22301 Steps to Success – Part 2
- ISO 22301 Steps to Success – Part 3
Need help with ISO 22301 consultancy? We’d be happy to help, simply Contact Us
What our clients have to say
The support and advise I get from our assigned auditors is immense. Forward planning for the following year is great and they are flexible and always willing to help.
“Blackmores have assisted us almost since the start of our adoption of the ISO 9001 quality standard. Their input has improved our processes since the start, and enabled our goal of continuous improvement to be achieved. The people are also extremely easy to get on with, and they really understand our business, giving us a great deal of confidence in their advice.”
“Blackmores are the perfect bridge between working on your ISO as an individual or company, to being audited each year. We find that any queries we have are covered and we feel sure that we have everything as needs be before going into an external audit.”
“We have been extremely impressed with the service and support provided by Blackmores. There knowledge and assistance through out our ISO journey has been amazing!”
“Blackmores have really kept us on our toes with the broad scope and level of detail they apply to our internal audit schedule. They always stay abreast of ISO standard changes and help us to adapt our processes and documents to embrace these changes accordingly. Having Blackmores shadow our external audits provides invaluable confidence and peace of mind – would highly recommend their services!”
“Our ISO 27001 certification project has gone so well, that there was no doubt in who we were going to ask to help us with our aspirations of becoming ISO 14001 certified. It’s been an absolute pleasure working with Blackmores, and we are really looking forward to working with them for the foreseeable future.”
Our 7 Steps to Success
The Blackmores ISO Roadmap is a proven path to go from idea to launching your ISO Management System.
Whether you choose to work with one of our isologist consultants or work your own way through the process on our isology Hub, we’re certain you’ll achieve certification in no time!