What is ISO 20400 Sustainable Procurement?
ISO 20400 provides organisations with guidance on sustainability within procurement, applicable to businesses of any size or industry. As environmental issues have come to the forefront in recent years, Sustainable Procurement via an ISO 20400 certification has become vital for many organisations. Sustainable Procurement considers the environmental, social and economic consequences resulting from provided products and services and aims to minimise negative impacts while encouraging positive outcomes.
ISO 20400 is the standard for Sustainable Procurement, it provides a comprehensive framework on how to adopt sustainable procurement principles and practices into your organisation no matter the size or type.
The standard ISO 20400 takes an ethical and holistic approach to ensure that fair contract prices and terms are applied and human rights and employment standards are met.
Benefits of ISO 20400 Implementation to your company include
- Improved performance
- Improved competitiveness
- Improved sales and marketing opportunities
- Strengthening communication and morale company-wide
- Uniform approach to reporting and measuring Sustainable Procurement
- Encourages a marketplace for innovative sustainable products and services
- Reduced environmental and compliance costs
- Open up new markets
- Reducing the production of waste and improving recycling, reuse, remanufacturing and recovery of waste
- Preventing pollution and the use of hazardous materials where practical
- It reduces supply chain risks and enhances opportunities for innovative products and services
- It ensures compliance with relevant environmental legislation
Benefits to your clients include:
- Adds value to products and services
- Assurance of quality of product and service to the customer
- Commitment to continually improving products/services
- Increases perception of your company’s culture and image
ISO 20400 and the Sustainable Development Goals
The world is facing a crisis: poverty, hunger, inequality and climate change are just some of the issues we need to address.
In 2015, world leaders came together to create 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) which aim to tackle these issues, to build a better world by 2030.
ISO 20400 can be used to meet the following goals
How we can help
Blackmores specialise in helping you to implement and maintain your ISO 20400 Sustainable Procurement Management System across London, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, and UK-wide. We can also assist with international locations, having experience of working in 27 other countries.
- Conduct an ISO 20400 Gap Analysis – To help establish your strengths and weaknesses.
- ISO 20400 E-learning – Learn at your own pace with our online courses via the isologyhub.
- ISO 20400 isologists® – We have a skilled team of consultants to help you implement a Sustainable Procurement Management System. From London to the UAE, we have experience working internationally across many sectors.
- Internal Audits – We can help you to plan and conduct Internal Audits to verify your compliance with ISO 20400.
- On-Site Support – We can provide support during External Audits carried out by Certification Bodies.
Download the ISO Standards Blueprint
A step-by-step checklist for getting ISO certified
What our clients have to say
The support and advise I get from our assigned auditors is immense. Forward planning for the following year is great and they are flexible and always willing to help.
“Blackmores have assisted us almost since the start of our adoption of the ISO 9001 quality standard. Their input has improved our processes since the start, and enabled our goal of continuous improvement to be achieved. The people are also extremely easy to get on with, and they really understand our business, giving us a great deal of confidence in their advice.”
“Blackmores are the perfect bridge between working on your ISO as an individual or company, to being audited each year. We find that any queries we have are covered and we feel sure that we have everything as needs be before going into an external audit.”
“We have been extremely impressed with the service and support provided by Blackmores. There knowledge and assistance through out our ISO journey has been amazing!”
“Blackmores have really kept us on our toes with the broad scope and level of detail they apply to our internal audit schedule. They always stay abreast of ISO standard changes and help us to adapt our processes and documents to embrace these changes accordingly. Having Blackmores shadow our external audits provides invaluable confidence and peace of mind – would highly recommend their services!”
“Our ISO 27001 certification project has gone so well, that there was no doubt in who we were going to ask to help us with our aspirations of becoming ISO 14001 certified. It’s been an absolute pleasure working with Blackmores, and we are really looking forward to working with them for the foreseeable future.”
Our 7 Steps to Success
The Blackmores ISO Roadmap is a proven path to go from idea to launching your ISO Management System.
Whether you choose to work with one of our isologist consultants or work your own way through the process on our isology Hub, we’re certain you’ll achieve certification in no time!