This episode we’re joined by the Founder of Slip Safety Services, and host of ‘The Safety and Risk Success Podcast’ Christian Harris to talk about how Chris got into the business, the seriousness of slips, trips, and falls for both employers and employees, and the four main costs of Health and Safety.
Slips and trips cost UK employers approximately £512 million per year in lost production and other costs and are the leading cause of workplace injuries.
Christian explains how the UK court system works for criminal health and safety offences, why safety is such a key foundation of an organizations success, and how creating a better safety culture can increase a company’s profitability.
- How Christian got into the health and safety industry.
- The seriousness of Slips, Trips and Falls injuries to individuals.
- The cost of Slips, Trips, and Falls to employers.
- The average claims from Slips, Trips, and Falls.
- How creating a better safety culture can increase the profitability of a company.
- Why safety is such a key foundation of an organisations success.
- The 6-figure fines UK organisations have faced in recent years.
- How the UK court system works for criminal health and safety offences.
In this episode, we talk about:
[02:45] How Christian went from being a management consultant to becoming a safety specialist.
[03:51] The health and safety incident that changed Christian’s life.
[06:40] The psychological effect of living through an accident and how the incident has shaped the work Christian does.
[08:30] The four financial costs involved with Slips, Trips, and Falls.
[11:26] How the UK court system works for criminal health and safety offences.
[13:20] The criminal costs of accidents and how much money is claimed each year.
[15:13] The percentage of claims that get paid out.
[16:15] The difference between manual handling and Slips, Trips, and Falls.
[17:23] The positive benefits of creating a better safety culture.
[21:28] The slip safety scorecard and how you can access it.
If you need assistance with implementing ISO 45001, ISO 45003, or another standard – Contact us!
If you’d like to get in touch with Christian – feel free to connect on LinkedIn.
We’d love to hear your views and comments about the ISO Show, here’s how:
- Share the ISO Show on Twitter or Linkedin
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Soundcloud. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one.