Environmental Issues have come to the forefront in recent years, as a result Sustainable Procurement has become a focus for many organisations. Sustainable Procurement considers the environmental, social and economic consequences resulting from provided products and services and aims to minimise negative impacts while encouraging positive outcomes.
What is ISO 20400?
ISO 20400 is the standard for Sustainable Procurement, it provides a comprehensive framework on how to adopt sustainable procurement principles and practises into your organisation no matter the size or type.
The standard ISO 20400 takes an ethical and holistic approach to ensure that fair contract prices and terms are applied and human rights and employment standards are met.
Benefits to your company include:
- Improved performance
- Improved competitiveness
- Improved sales and marketing opportunities
- Strengthening communication and morale company-wide
- Uniform approach to reporting and measuring Sustainable Procurement
- Encourages a marketplace for innovative sustainable products and services
- Reduced environmental and compliance costs
- Open up new markets
- Reducing the production of waste and improving recycling, reuse, remanufacturing and recovery of waste
- Preventing pollution and the use of hazardous materials where practical
- It reduces supply chain risks and enhances opportunities for innovative products and services
- It ensures compliance with relevant environmental legislation
Benefits to your clients include:
Get Supported >
- Adds value to products and services
- Assurance of quality of product and service to the customer
- Commitment to continually improving products/services
- Increases perception of your company’s culture and image