Over 70% of our clients have now transitioned to ISO 9001:2015. Based on our experience here are our top 10 tips for a smooth transition in 2017.
1) Read ISO 9001:2015. Purchase a copy from http://shop.bsigroup.com . Or better still get a free copy when transitioning with Blackmores.
2) Identify your gaps and establish tasks, roles and responsibilities to transition prior to your next surveillance. Some certification bodies have free online self-assessment.
3) Get the Leadership Team involved. Provide a briefing, then update their records.
4) Facilitate a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) with the Leadership Team to understand internal issues.
5) Facilitate a PESTEL to understand the external issues that the business face, including political, economic, social, technological, environmental/ethical and legal.
6) Update your company objectives now that the Leadership Team have identified the opportunities for business growth and improvements in efficiencies and risk management.
7) Create (or update) a company Risk Register to prioritise risks and controls for mitigation.
8) Identify and understand who your interested parties are i.e. critical suppliers, clients, employees. Establish the risks and opportunities associated with these stakeholders (Stakeholder Analysis).
9) Tweak your operating procedures to continually improve your businesses ‘way of working’ and exceed clients’ expectations.
10) Communicate the QMS changes, audit the new requirements and monitor the results. Finally, capture the improved performance levels and changes in the business in your Management Review minutes.