In our second episode in the ISO 9001 Steps to Success
Podcast, Rachel Churchman explains in detail about how to create and launch
your Quality Management System. Here are
10 tips for implementation:-
- Collate, review and update all your existing
policies and procedures.
- Get Quality Champions to represent each function
within the organisation – they know better than anyone else what the procedures
are and how they can be improved.
- Establish your company branding and document
control, so all the documents have the same company branding, font size/type
and that they are dated and clearly referenced.
- Share and document ‘Best Practice’ to ensure you
have a consistent approach.
- Get approval and endorsement from the leadership
- Publish your QMS so it is easily accessible to
all employees – this could be via sharepoint, a Wiki, company intranet, manual
or laminated process maps next to work stations/equipment.
- Launch your QMS – have a ‘Quality Focus’ week,
posters, screensavers, meetings agendas, email from the CEO – ensure all
employees are aware of the QMS and the importance to the business, clients and
to individual employees.
- Ensure your sales and marketing team have all
the relevant information they need about ISO 9001 and your QMS.
- Inform employees of the next steps – Internal
audits and the external assessment and how to prepare.
- Get feedback on the QMS from employees and
empower them to take responsibility for it – it is their Quality Management and
is for their benefit.
I look forward to you joining us for the final episode of the ISO 9001 Steps to Success Series on the ISO Show, where we’ll be sharing tips on the final steps to implementing a QMS and preparation for the ISO 9001 assessment.
Listen to the ‘ISO 9001 Steps to success’ series by subscribing to us on iTunes or Soundcloud
And click HERE for further information on our ISO 9001 Steps to success service
To help out the ISO Show: