Information Security affects the very core of a business. Customer records, financial information and intellectual property must be protected from loss, theft and damage. ISO 27001 provides the controls and processes your business needs.
What is ISO 27001?
Put simply it’s the most widely adopted security standard in the world.
ISO 27001 covers known security issues, containing many well considered control requirements and steers companies along a quantifiable path of assessments and improvements. Compliance shows that information security is being taken seriously and that effective steps are in place.
An Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a systematic approach to managing sensitive company information, ensuring it remains both secure and available. It encompasses people, processes and IT systems.
ISO 27001 identifies 10 controls:
- Security policy – This provides management direction and support for information security Organisation of assets and resources – To help you manage information security within the organisation
- Asset classification and control – To help you identify your assets and appropriately protect them
- Personnel security – To reduce the risks of human error, theft, fraud or misuse of facilities
- Physical and environmental security – To prevent unauthorised access, damage and interference to business premises and information
- Communications and operations management – To ensure the correct and secure operation of information processing facilities
- Access control – To control access to information
- Systems development and maintenance – To ensure that security is built into information systems
- Business continuity management – To counteract interruptions to business activities and to protect critical business processes from the effects of major failures or disasters
- Compliance – To avoid breaches of any criminal and civil law, statutory, regulatory or contractual obligations, and any security requirement
What are the benefits of ISO 27001?
- Credibility, trust and confidence – your customers can feel confident of your commitment to keeping their information safe.
- Cost Savings – the cost of a single information security breach can be significant. Registration reduces the risk of such cost being incurred and this is important to stakeholders and other investors in your business.
- Compliance – registration helps to show the authorities that you comply with the relevant laws and regulations.
- Commitment – registration helps to ensure and demonstrate commitment at all levels of the organisation.
How we can help:
- Conduct an ISO 27001 Gap Analysis – To help establish your strengths and weaknesses.
- ISO 27001 E-learning – Learn at your own pace with our online courses, view our full library HERE.
- ISO 27001 Consultant – We have a skilled team of consultants to help you implement an Information Security Management System. From London to the UAE, we have experience working internationally across many sectors.
- Internal Audits – We can help you to plan and conduct Internal Audits to verify your compliance with ISO 27001.
- On-Site support – We can provide support during External Audits carried out by Certification Bodies.
Need help with ISO 27001 consultancy? We’d be happy to help, simply Contact Us
If you would like to learn more, we also have a 3 part Steps to Success Podcast available for free along with a blog summary of each episode for further reading. Get Supported >