The introduction of ISO 22716 pioneers a globally recognised quality and safety standard for cosmetic products. An increasing number of cosmetics organisations are implementing ISO 22716 to comply with the new European cosmetics regulations which came into effect in 2013. The standard is effectively replacing existing guidance and standards, and as such regulators in several countries and regions have adopted this standard.
What is ISO 22716?
ISO 22716 gives quality and safety guidelines for the production, control, storage and shipment of cosmetic products.
The standard specifies requirements for a quality management system specifically for the cosmetics industry. Incorporating a risk assessment-based approach, ISO 22716 helps to define effective risk and quality management, thus ensuring high quality and lower risk supply chain operations.
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) published ISO 22716 to deal with all aspects of the supply chain of cosmetic products, from the early delivery of raw materials and components until the shipment of the final product to the consumer. As a business improvement tool ISO 22716 is complementary to ISO 9001 and can be used as a vehicle to drive continuous improvement.
Who does the standard apply to?
- Manufacturers of cosmetic products and suppliers of cosmetic ingredients.
- Retailers, brand holders and wholesalers of cosmetic products.
- Those responsible for packaging, testing, storage, and transportation of cosmetic finished products.
What are the benefits of ISO 22716?
- Demonstrates credibility, trust and confidence to stakeholders.
- Enables organisations to meet global consumer demand for cosmetic product quality and safety certification.
- Supports compliance with the legally enforceable Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009 which represents a common European code of law for cosmetics companies.
- Business improvement tool to continuously improve business operations.
- Effective framework for risk management principles and practices.
How we can help:
Blackmores specialise in helping you to implement and maintain your ISO 22716 GMP Management System across London, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, and UK-wide. We can also assist with international locations, having experience of working in 27 other countries.
- Conduct an ISO 22716 Gap Analysis – To help establish your strengths and weaknesses.
- ISO 22716 E-learning – Learn at your own pace with our online courses, view our full library HERE.
- ISO 22716 Consultant – We have a skilled team of consultants to help you implement a Cosmetics Best Practice Management System. From London to the UAE, we have experience working internationally across many sectors.
- Internal Audits – We can help you to plan and conduct Internal Audits to verify your compliance with ISO 22716.
- On-Site Support – We can provide support during External Audits carried out by Certification Bodies.
- Request a quote for Certification – We can send a request for a quote to 3 UKAS certified Certification Bodies on your behalf. This is done free of charge on request.
If you need assistance with ISO 22716, simply Contact Us.
Get Supported >