What is BS 10012?
Any organisation that processes personal information should ensure that it protects the privacy of the people it affects. BS 10012 provides a framework for maintaining and improving compliance with data protection requirements and good practice. The standard was revised in 2017 in recognition of the publication of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is designed to provide best practices. It covers topics such as privacy impact assessment, risk assessments, data retention and disposal, privacy by design and employee awareness training; Helping you to put policies and procedures in place to effectively manage the personal information of individuals.
Benefits to your company include:
- Easily integrated with another management system such as ISO 9001 or ISO 27001
- Alignment with the requirements of GDPR
- Identifies risks to personal information and puts controls in place to manage and reduce them
- Demonstrate compliance with data protection legislation
- Protect your organisations reputation and avoid negative publicity
- Protect your organisation against civil and criminal liability
If you would like more information, we have a webinar available HERE.
The BS 10012 standard helps with:
- Supporting GDPR compliance
- Securing personal data
- How to manage data breaches
- Provides a framework for a Privacy Information Management System
- Provides requirements for privacy information controllers and processors
How we can help:
Blackmores specialise in helping you to implement and maintain your BS 10012 Personal Information Management System across London, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, and UK-wide. We can also assist with international locations, having experience of working in 27 other countries.
- Conduct a BS 10012 Gap Analysis – To help establish your strengths and weaknesses.
- BS 10012 E-learning – Learn at your own pace with our online courses, view our full library HERE.
- BS 10012 Consultant – We have a skilled team of consultants to help you implement a Personal Information Security Management System. From London to the UAE, we have experience working internationally across many sectors.
- Internal Audits – We can help you to plan and conduct Internal Audits to verify your compliance with BS 10012.
- On-Site Support – We can provide support during External Audits carried out by Certification Bodies.
- Request a quote for Certification – We can send a request for a quote to 3 UKAS certified Certification Bodies on your behalf. This is done free of charge on request.
Another option to support compliance is to implement the new data privacy standard ISO/IEC 27701:2019 Security techniques. This is for those organisations that are already certified to ISO 27001 as iso/iec 27701: 2019 is an Extension of iso 27001.
To discuss the implementation of ISO 27701 and for a no-obligation quote contact us.
Get Supported >