This episode is Part 6 of our 7-part mini-series explaining our Carbonology service, a 7 step methodology to help companies become Carbon Neutral.
This time, our resident Carbonologist David Algar is talking through the sixth step of the Carbonology process, ‘Offset’.
David explains what companies can do to offset emissions, how offsetting works in relation to PAS 2060, and the importance of picking the right Offset provider.
- Different types of Offsetting.
- How Offsetting works in relation to PAS 2060.
- How long Carbon Offsetting Credits last.
- What to consider before buying an Offset.
- The importance of picking the right Offset provider.
- UK Woodland Carbon Code
- United Nations Offset Platform
- The Gold Standard
- Greenhouse Gas Protocol
- ISOlogy Hub
In this episode, we talk about:
[01:43] The five steps before you go down the route of Offsetting.
[02:12] Why Offsetting is a controversial topic.
[03:03] How Offsetting works in PAS 2060.
[03:41] What Offsetting is and how Carbon Credits work.
[04:59] Credible Offsetting schemes in the UK.
[07:58] Key considerations you need to consider when buying a Carbon Offset.
[10:48] How PAS 2060 helps companies prove they really are carbon neutral.
[12:20] How Carbonologists help their clients know which schemes meet the requirements of PAS 2060 and which don’t.
If you’d like to book a free consultation with our Carbonologist, David Algar, feel free to book a slot Here.
And lastly, don’t forget to grab your ‘Getting Started with Carbonology’ Checklist here:
We’d love to hear your views and comments about the ISO Show, here’s how:
- Share the ISO Show on Twitter or Linkedin
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Soundcloud. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one.
Subscribe to keep up-to-date with our latest episodes: