Today, we’re joined by our resident Carbonologist David Algar to discuss the seven vital steps to Carbonology.
If you’re looking for a sustainability roadmap for your business and looking to address the climate emergency while also meeting your stakeholders needs you’re in the right place.
Today, David and Mel will be explaining how you can meet the requirements of both standards, gain verification, and demonstrate your business as carbon neutral.
That’s all going to be based on our game-changing route to sustainability, Carbonology.
What makes Carbonolgy unique is rather than paying lip service to the climate change emergency, Carbonolgy provides a proven methodology for sustainable success, allowing businesses to become carbon neutral and to achieve ISO standards successfully.
- The seven steps of carbonology.
- How to achieve carbon neutrality.
- Why it’s cheaper to reduce your emissions rather than offset them.
- The importance of re-quantifying carbon emissions.
- How to prove you’ve offset your emissions.
- How becoming carbon neutral can benefit your shareholders.
In this episode, we talk about:
[03:12] The seven steps of Carbonology to achieve carbon neutrality.
[7:54] The different options there are to verify that you are carbon neutral.
[9:07] The different areas you need to define when starting off in your Carbonology journey.
[11:45] How to quantify the emissions embedded in different products that you sell.
[14:22] What’s included in a Carbon Footprint Management Plan.
[16:50] The importance of including working from home in your scope 3 emissions.
[17:57] How long a reduction period last and what it involves.
[19:27] The benefits of re-quantification and how it works.
[21:14] How offsetting works as part of Carbonology.
[23:31] How making a declaration of achievement of neutrality works.
If you’d like a quote for Carbonology – Contact us!
We’d love to hear your views and comments about the ISO Show, here’s how:
- Share the ISO Show on Twitter or Linkedin
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Soundcloud. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one.
Subscribe to keep up-to-date with our latest episodes: