Trevor Jennings is a Risk Manager with the Corporate Real Estate Department at Lloyd’s of London. He works to provide client facing advice and support on all matters of risk, excluding financial and contractual risk, and to ensure health and safety is co-ordinated across all building users within Lloyd’s UK and overseas premises.
« It’s steps at a time that will get you through to the
certification aspect. »
– Trevor Jennings
Picture this: An organization has set effective environmental, health, and safety standards for their company. Worker participation is high and the leadership is flourishing. Sounds marvelous, don’t you think? Tune in to this episode to learn from a man who has made this happen for the world’s specialist insurance and reinsurance market. Trevor Jennings speaks about his journey to implementing environmental standards (ISO 14001), health and safety standards OHSAS (18001), and his experience with the migration to the latest health and safety standard ISO 45001. He details the main advantages of having an ISO compliant health and safety system in place and the key factors that led to Lloyd’s success, including employee engagement groups to foster worker participation. Trevor divulges the top environmental factors that Lloyds is focusing on and how it affects their bottom line, as well as his top tip for anyone who is looking to implement ISO 14001 or ISO 45001.
- What Lloyd’s is, what it provides, and what Trevor’s role is
- How Trevor got started at Lloyd’s and how OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 and ISO14001 got implemented
- The main advantages of having a health and safety system in place compliant to OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001/
- Why timing, worker participation, and leadership is key for Lloyd’s success
- The top environmental factors that Lloyds is focusing on and how it affects their bottom line
- How Lloyd’s is working on a Better Working Environment initiative
- The benefits of employee engagement groups
- How Lloyd’s manages suppliers
- Trevor’s top tip for implementing ISO14001 or ISO45001
- ISO Support Plan
- ISO Elearning
- ISO Steps to Success
- Fast After 50 by Joe Friel
In this episode, we talk about:
[00:51] What is Lloyd’s and what is Trevor’s role?
[03:36] Something not many people know about Trevor
[05:10] How Trevor got started at Lloyd’s of london
[07:34] The main advantages of having a health and safety system in place compliant to 18001
[08:44] Facing the challenge of implementing 14001
[12:12] The Health, Safety, and Environmental Coordination Group
[13:42] Energy is at the top of the list of targets to focus on
[14:54] The effect on the bottom line of operations
[16:52] The migration of OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001
[21:24] Tips for organizations looking to implement ISO 14001 or ISO 45001
[23:48] If you could gift a book to somebody, which would you choose and why?
Need assistance with either ISO 14001 or ISO 45001? – Contact us!
We’d love to hear your views and comments about the ISO Show, here’s how:
- Share the ISO Show on twitter or Linkedin
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Soundcloud. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one.
Subscribe to keep up-to-date with our latest episodes: