What’s in a name?
Is your ISO Management System just called a ‘Management System’ or is it named to reflect your companies culture and brand?
Sarah Ball, QHSE Consultant shares her views and tips on the power behind a name.
A name is people’s first impression of your Brand, System etc, it sets the tone for how people interact with it. So, it’s best to give it the time and thought necessary to make sure it makes the right impact.
Today, Mel and Sarah discuss why the naming of a Management system is important and share some great examples.
- The definition of a Management System
- Why naming your Management System is so important
- How certain Management System names can dissuade engagement
- Guidance on how to select a Management System name
- Examples of unique Management System names
- How getting a Management System name and format right can help share a businesses core vision and principles
In this episode, we talk about:
[01:05] How a Management System without a name can be detrimental
[02:39] A reminder of the definition of a Management System
[03:03] Why naming a Management System is so important to a business
[04:41] How including ‘Management’ in the name can alienate people from engaging with the System
[06:57] Guidance on selecting a Management System name
[09:30] Some examples of unique Management System names Sarah has come across
[11:18] Examples of some names and Acronyms we use at Blackmores
[12:01] Important considerations when creating acronyms – including taking account of any existing relevant industry related ones
[13:25] Why naming the Management System should be a collaborative effort
[14:54] Why the format of a Management System is important
[16:09] How getting the Management System name and format right can help share a businesses core vision, principles and culture
We’d love to hear your views and comments about the ISO Show, here’s how:
- Share the ISO Show on Twitter or Linkedin
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Soundcloud. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one.
Subscribe to keep up-to-date with our latest episodes: